Thursday, March 14, 2013

If I were a shoe...


This essay was in response to a prompt on a scholarship application. It was called a haiku essay - 100 words or less. It was possibly the most challenging, but also the most fun essay I have had to write. So, what kind of shoe would you be?

If I were a shoe, I’d mold to your footprint, because I’d listen to your needs and care for you. Whenever you put me on, you’d be ready for adventure, because I’d rather be active than stagnant. Even so, I can’t guarantee that I wouldn’t smell stagnant - not all of me is rosy.
I’d be covered in dust from far places, but there would also be clean spots to accumulate dirt from the many places I hope to go. If I were a shoe, you’d keep me around for a while, because my best years are yet to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment