Sunday, November 4, 2012

A Campfire With Jesus

"Once we're in heaven, we can all sit around the campfire with Jesus and He will explain it to us." 


When I heard this comment, I momentarily left the conversation in my youth leader's living room and went off on my own tangent. What would I ask Jesus? Since I often organize my thoughts by lists (probably a side affect of my type-A personality), I immediately begin listing things. I'm sure it will be much longer by the time I make it to heaven, but this is a list of my current queries for God:

- How do you feel about "Jesus Junk"?

- What should we do if someone break's into our house and puts a gun to Grandma's head?

- How many species have we yet to find?

- Why cancer?

- How does it feel to have people fight wars in your name?

- Was there anyone who ever really got the picture?

- What was the first sunrise like?

- How hard is it to sit and watch us mess it all up?

- When we fiddle with your design, how much is too much? (modern medicine, makeup, animals, etc)

- Just how big is the universe?

- Can I please have a hug?

No comments:

Post a Comment